With the forth coming New Year, many people include getting fit and improving their health as part of their New Years resolution. The most popular health resolutions include to quit smoking, lose weight, do more exercise, reduce alcohol & eat healthier.
These all are great commitments to improving your health, and this just goes to show how important you value your health and that of your family. Now, specifically about food and nutrition, what most people don't understand is that a simple diet, usually a very low calorie diet, may not help with overall long term health, and long term weight loss.
There are numerous conditions that may cause and maintain weight gain:
- Imbalance in gut microflora.
- Hormonal imbalances.
- Calorie input greater than calorie output.
So it is not all about cutting calories, there are so many other factors to take into account. Where to start can be daunting, however working with a nutritional therapist can help provide some clear focus, they can coach and motivate you, providing good food choices necessary for weight loss or any other condition you require support with.
Top tips for your health resolution
1. Select only one resolution - whether that is to eat healthier or to quit smoking. By having one resolution provides you focus and can help you to achieve your goal quicker.
2. Break your goal into manageable steps - smaller steps are easier to manage, for example wanting to lose x pounds by a certain date and then x pounds by another date.
3. Think about your resolution before the New Year - reflect upon your choice and decide if this is the resolution to make.
4. Tell friends & family - they can help provide support and guidance and may like to do it with you
5. Obtain professional help - seeking guidance from a professional in the field can provide you in-sight into your aim, offer encouragement and their expertise.
The New Year is an exciting time for a new beginning, so if you want to lose weight, eat healthier or have any other health condition and would like to take advantage of the 15% discount on personalised consultation then give me a call and claim your free health chat now.
Wishing you a peaceful, successful and joyous New Year.
~ nurturing your true essence ~